Thank you to all who attended our national convention! Check back in late 2019 (and make sure you're a member so you receive our communications) for information on Phoenix 2020.
If you missed Baltimore and want to hear the sessions:
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel, July 11-14, 2018
Click the links below for details on fees and programming. Note: The hotel link is Marriott's page and the dates they have listed are for the time period our special rate is available (offering before and after extentions).
Note: Registration for programs for individuals with Williams syndrome and children in programs is now closed. Adults attending sessions may still register.
Click the icon to go to the official page, where you will see an Agenda of sessions and be able to register. Feel free to call the WSA office if you have registration questions. Convention officially begins with the key note speaker at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday (though day programs for individuals and children with WS start that morning), followed by afternoon sessions and runs though Saturday at noon (as will children's programs). We will have an opening night welcome party Wednesday, the street party in Baltimore's Little Italy Thursday night and a dance/ice cream social Friday night.
The 2018 convention begins on Wednesday, July 11 and continues through July 14 at noon. The keynote speaker will start things off at 1:30 Wednesday. Programs for children and individuals with WS will start at 8 a.m. Wednesday and run until noon on Sat. We know that some families will be arriving throughout the day on Wednesday, so in that case, programs for your children will begin Thursday morning. Programs for all age groups but infant/toddler day care will be off site, so if you're starting Wed., you'll need to be there in the morning in order to not miss the programs and transportation--we will not have afternoon transportation for those programs.
About the National Convention
Held Biennially in July, the National Convention brings together the foremost experts on Williams syndrome and related characteristics to discuss the latest research findings, medical treatments and educational strategies. More than fifty educational sessions provide families with the latest resources and information, while children are entertained and cared for in specialized age-appropriate programs.
The 2018 schedule includes:
- Keynote speaker, Mike Porath - Founder of The Mighty.com
- Throughout each day there will also be an IEP "Drop in" Clinic where you can schedule a private appointment with an experienced advocate to review your child's current IEP. Sign up for a free 45 minute one-on-one session with advocacy experts to review your child’s IEP and get general suggestions for making current goals stronger, more appropriate goals to add, requesting services, etc. Sessions are available throughout the day, every day! If you are planning to attend the Convention, please pre-register your scheduled advocate session at http://www.wsa2018-advocates.com/
- "Roundtable" small group discussions throughout each day - you pick the topic you'd like to discuss and invite others to join you at your table or join someone else at theirs for informal discussions and information exchanges
- Private Block Party in Little Italy - Live Music, Great Food, Crafts for the kids - all within 3 blocks of the hotel.
- Pricing overview below. For those registering three or more children in one family, call the office to do this and we will assist.
Bee Strong Therapy Initiative. Click the logo for more information!